Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A "too much" kind of day...

Ever have those days...you wake up and walk to the breakfast table, and then it happens...this wave of evil / attitude alteration comes over you. Some call this, having a bad day, but for me...it is like being out of body and watching this cloud wrap you up and take you over. You want it to be different, but it is almost like there is nothing you can do. I prayed about this this morning...prayed about my attitude, and then got bad news. I prayed about my attitude and my bad news, and then discovered a friend was hurting badly. I prayed about my attitude, my bad news and my hurting friend and then discovered that my son was going to have one of "those" days. I prayed about my attitude, my bad news, my hurting friend and my son when I discovered I was needed by my husband to help keep him afloat. As I am sinking, I am asked to be a life raft for someone else. Lord...how must I do this...how must I work on my attitude, lay my bad news at your feet, hurt for a hurting friend, guide my son in his daily choices, and help keep other's ministries going? What is that Lord? You want me to do all that and continue to minister to others using my gifts too? Well that is just TOO Much. Lord, I want to tell you today, through some tears, some heart pains, and some anger...it is just TOO Much! I can do nothing but lay all of this at the foot of the cross and pray that it isn't too much for you. Please Lord, prove your love and strength to me today, once again, as I ask TOO much for help with a day that has become TOO much, thank you for your "TOO much" kind of love and grace for me. Love your daughter...

No comments: