Thursday, March 20, 2008

I am Restored

I took Aden to his Dr. appointment today cautiously wanting to hear the future diagnosis.

They did an oxygen test, and I held my breath as I prepared for some bad number to pop up on the machine and for the nurse to tell me Aden had asthma.

I also prepared to divide the rest of my life around 4 hour breathing treatment segments...Setting up the machine, pouring in the medicine, arguing with Aden about how many more minutes he had to keep the "mask" on, taking apart the machine, cleaning it, drying it, only to start all over again in 3.5 hours!

I had thoughts about one of my really close friends dying of an asthma attack when he was in his early twenties because he couldn't afford proper treatments, nor could he afford the insurance he needed to do so.

I remembering asking myself..."If Aden has some terrible heath problems, if he has asthma and you lay awake the rest of your life listening for his breath, if you live your life always wondering when an attack will hit, and how it will turn out...Is God enough?"

Now granted, there are people starving in the world, dying of cancer, or homeless with no shelter, but this still seemed to be a huge issue in OUR life as we know it...something small, probing the big questions of life...spurring us on to truth and our real heart issues.

I took a deep breath, decided that no matter what happens, it is God's will and he will get us through it. I heard the beeps, looked down, and was almost surprised to learn that Aden was breathing at 100% oxygen levels! The nurse said, no asthma, no virus, no bacterial infection, no more breathing treatments! Wean him off and in 8 days you are done!

I immediately wanted everyone to know that there is a God...a God that spared Aden from what seemed like doom and gloom, at least for today's issues. I wanted to pick the Dr. up and swing her around and then plant a big fat kiss on her cheek! I wanted to stand on top of a mountain and shout from the top of my lungs...JESUS HEARD MY CRY!!!!!!!! HE CARED ABOUT WHAT I WANTED!!!!!! HE WILLED ADEN HEALTH FOR TODAY!!!!!!!!

Then I remembered ...I am afraid of heights and immediately replaced the mountain with a nice flat piece of land. :)

I feel somewhat exposed even sharing this as something so "huge" even though to many others it would be so small. I guess when you don't have an emotional investment in something it isn't as big of a deal, but my emotions are and were highly invested in this, and it reminded me how invested Christ is in our lives, as we are his children. Even if the issue seems so small to everyone else, I know God cares! Let us rejoice in all the details of life, whether little or great, let us sing praises to the Lord for his is SO good!

Lord Jesus, I am restored...

No comments: